Timelapse

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
salemsaberhagen

September 9th, 2021, 4:17 am

I was wondering after setting up a timelapse program if the smart phone still needs to be connected to the camera? or if its a set up and you can walk away with your camera?
Oliver

September 9th, 2021, 10:17 am

This is one of the coolest parts about doing timelapses with the Unleashed:
The UNLEASHED controls the camera, not the app. After you set up and start your timelapse, you can close the app, turn off Bluetooth or go out of range, or your phone battery can die. The Unleashed will keep triggering the camera, and will even do all the calculations for the autoramp algorithms. Even when disconnected, you can keep an eye on the estimated progress in the app, and when you’re back in range, the Unleashed will reconnect automatically and you’ll see real time updates again.

I think that's what you asked, right?
Because no, you can't walk away with your camera after starting the timelapse, but yes, you can walk away with your phone - the camera obviously needs to stay on the tripod to keep taking the timelapse ;-)
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
mcastles

September 19th, 2021, 10:35 pm

Oliver wrote:
September 9th, 2021, 10:17 am
This is one of the coolest parts about doing timelapses with the Unleashed:
The UNLEASHED controls the camera, not the app. After you set up and start your timelapse, you can close the app, turn off Bluetooth or go out of range, or your phone battery can die. The Unleashed will keep triggering the camera, and will even do all the calculations for the autoramp algorithms. Even when disconnected, you can keep an eye on the estimated progress in the app, and when you’re back in range, the Unleashed will reconnect automatically and you’ll see real time updates again.

I think that's what you asked, right?
Because no, you can't walk away with your camera after starting the timelapse, but yes, you can walk away with your phone - the camera obviously needs to stay on the tripod to keep taking the timelapse ;-)
Thank You, Oliver, that is a very nice feature.