Update stacked at 78%

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
marcin

September 11th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Hello guys,
I'm on a sailing trip. My unleashed showed that there is an update available so I decided to update.
For some reason, the update process stacked at 78% and don't want to proceed any further.

My camera is Nikon D500. I use Samsung S20.
Please help.

Thanks a lot,
Marcin
Oliver

September 12th, 2021, 1:39 am

Hi Marcin,
did you install the Beta?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1045

If not, try that!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
marcin

September 21st, 2021, 11:04 pm

Hello Oliver,
Sorry for the late reply. I was on a sailing trip with no access to the internet. Unfortunately I didn't manage to start unleashed, so there will be plenty of pictures without geotags.
The version I had was A 0.0.0 B 2.0.0 and C2.0.0. The update I was offered and I tried to install was A2.0.0 (remaining codes the same).

Eventually, I had to disconnect the dongle.

I tried to proceed with the installation today but I'm not able to get it started now. The phone software is not detecting the dongle.

Bluetooth shows it as the Unleashed Boot.

Since this remained med about the issue I had in the past (viewtopic.php?p=2635#p2635) I tried to use the advice given then about using LightBlue software and sending a "22" hex code to reboot the device. But nothing really happens. I loos the connection but the dongle still shows itself as "Unleashed Boot".
Any clue how to exit that mode?

Regards,
Marcin
Oliver

September 21st, 2021, 11:12 pm

Hi Marcin,

Oh no, I'm really sorry it didn't work on your trip :/

The Beta App on Android should detect the Unleashed Boot. If you downgraded the App to the regular release version, it won't be able to detect the Unleashed in Boot mode.

If Firmware A is at 0.0.0, rebooting the Unleashed won't help.

So, be sure to use the Beta Android app or the iOS App, so that you can even try updating the firmware. Without that, it won't work.

I'm not sure which version you have, but if you have an older Unleashed, serial number < 4500, and Firmware A gets stuck on 0.0.0 you can stick the Unleashed in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, then try the firmware update while it's still as cold as possible.
There's a floating pin we should have grounded, but we found a solution in firmware for that. The problem is that if the firmware is deleted, then that solution won't work. But the freezer trick works 99% pf the time ;-) Once firmware A is installed again, then the freezer trick shouldn't be necessary.
marcin

September 22nd, 2021, 3:06 pm

Hello Oliver,
Thanks for the feedback.

N1 number is 4639.
My software version is 2.0.0.Beta-3

It means that it supposed to work for me without freezer trick.

I will try my daughter's iPhon later today. Is there any special way of getting a beta version?
If iPhone doesn't work, should I still try freezing the dongle?

Regards,
Marcin
Oliver

September 22nd, 2021, 3:11 pm

At the bottom of this post, there's a link to the iOS Beta as well:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1045

Like I said: if you can't connect, then the freezer trick won't help, that's just if the Firmware A update doesn't want to progress.
And with that Serial number it's not necessary.

Can you check with App version you have on your Android phone?
Menu->(i)->About
marcin

September 22nd, 2021, 3:50 pm

Hi Oliver,
Android software version is App-Version 2.0.0.Beta-3
N1 serial number is 004639
Firmware version:
A 0.0.0
B 2.0.0
C 2.0.0

and it got stacked at updating to:
A 2.0.0
B 2.0.0
C 2.0.0

Thanks for the link to beta on iphone. I will try it out in few hours.
Regards,
Marcin
Oliver

September 22nd, 2021, 3:54 pm

You can try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it on Android as well. The Unleashed (even in Boot mode) should be detected by the App, so you can at least try again.
marcin

September 22nd, 2021, 5:46 pm

Hi Oliver,
It helped!

After reinstalling the up, the dongle was discovered and I could complete the firmware update.
Works nicely.

A lesson for the future, never attempt the update at the very last moment before a rip :).
Thanks for your support.
Best regards,
Marcin
Oliver

September 22nd, 2021, 9:06 pm

I'm glad to hear it.

I hope you enjoyed your trip anyway!