Only Photo mode works on N2 and Nikon D750 [solved - hardware defect]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
hyy

November 26th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Every other mode, Video or Time Lapse, says trigger not available because it's taking a picture.

I've tried unplugging the N2 and replugging it in, swapping battery cameras, unpairing and repairing.

App. is running on iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.1

I can trigger the camera from the Photo mode of the app. as well as send GPS data to be written to EXIF.

Time Lapse worked ONCE, when I was checking out the app. the first time while paired. It starting taking pictures and I stopped it.

But since that time, Video and Time Lapse are not available.
Adrian

November 27th, 2018, 10:31 am

Hi there, would you mind sharing a little more details with us. If possible take a screenshot of your camera settings in the Photo mode of your app and upload it here. IIRC there were some similar issues in the firmware that should be fixed when we publish a new firmware update (no ETA).

If you have shutter speed set to `Bulb` or `T` mode, please change it to something else as a temporary workaround.
Adrian
📱 iOS developer at Foolography
hyy

November 28th, 2018, 6:09 am

Here's the screen shot.
IMG_3755.PNG
IMG_3755.PNG (168.03 KiB) Viewed 8717 times
Andy

November 28th, 2018, 11:36 am

Hi hyy,

The app is indeed saying that the camera is shooting. You can tell by the yellow ring in the trigger button. We will have to investigate with a D750 because that information comes from hardware, not software. That means that your camera is not behaving as we expect it to.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
hyy

November 28th, 2018, 4:27 pm

So the yellow ring is there when the shutter is open?

Because I’m not shooting long exposures or anything. It’s set to aperture priority f8, looking out the window, with minimal 1/125 shutter speed to make the ISO adjust.

I did briefly put it in manual mode where the shutter was set at 30 seconds, but never in Bulb mode.

The camera works fine.

In fact I used the built in intervalometer and took over 400 shots, because I couldn’t use the intervalometer on the Unleashed.
Oliver

November 28th, 2018, 5:13 pm

can you tap one of the settings and send another screenshot, to show us the error?
was the USB cable connected or not?
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
hyy

November 28th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Hmm I thought the cable was only for older cameras.

So some photo functions work without the cable but video and timelapse require it?
Oliver

November 28th, 2018, 6:16 pm

No, no. On the D750 you only need the cable for image review and the LRT autoramp algorithms, automatic changing of one of a Video setting (CSM G4: Assign shutter button) and a few extra details in some other settings.
But still to diagnose the issue, it helps to know whether it was plugged in or not.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
hyy

November 28th, 2018, 6:40 pm

No it's not plugged in, again on the assumption that it wasn't needed.

The Autoramp is referencing some kind of motorized rail system for hyper lapses, if I understand it correctly?
Andy

November 29th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Autoramp is short for automatic exposure ramp. It's used to automatically adjust the settings to keep the exposure balanced during day-to-night or night-to-day timelapses. The LRT algorithms need the USB connection in order to download each picture and analyze it to see if an exposure adjustment is needed.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography