Slider for Quality sometimes difficult to operate [solved]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
nikori

October 23rd, 2018, 10:23 pm

Hi,

when trying to operate the slider for 'quality', sometimes the slider does not move.

Sometimes the slider moves easily when operationg, but when I lift my Finger from the display, the slider moves on its own to another value.

Please let me know how I can avoid this and how I'm able to precisely select a value.

Kind regards

Nikon D750, Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1, Photo Mode of the APP 0.9.2
Andy

October 29th, 2018, 10:00 am

Hi nikori,

Could you elaborate on what changes exactly are you trying to make and in what conditions? Is the behavior reproducible?

This behavior happens whenever the app requests a change that the Unleashed is not able to perform. When that happens, the app "jumps" back to the previous value. We prevented these situations by "graying out" the settings that the Unleashed can't change. It may be possible that you're trying to change the quality/size in one of these cases, but we didn't gray out the setting.

I hope this is understandable. I'll wait for your reply for further investigation.
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
nikori

January 1st, 2019, 4:06 pm

Hi Andy,

here my description.

Assume the Camera is switched on, Camera, UNLEASHED and USB cable are all connected, the App is paired with the UNLEASHED and in foreground.

1. Now I tap on the QUALITY icon, the lower screen shows the two sliders for quality.
2. Next I secet NORM with the left slider, the right slider shows "L". (If not "L" on your App, select "L" here to follow my steps.)
3. Next I slide the right slider to "M", the slider moves the highlight to "M", but the uppper QUALITY icon still shows an "L".
4. Next I slide the right slider to "S", the slider moves the highlight to "S", but moves itself back to "M" and the uppper QUALITY icon now shows an "M".
5. Next I slide the right slider to "S" again, the slider moves the highlight to "S", but the uppper QUALITY icon still shows an "M".
6. Next I slide the right slider to "M", the slider moves the highlight to "M", but moves itself back to "L" and the uppper QUALITY icon now shows an "L".

and so forth...

Hope, this is easy to reproduce.

Kind regards

Nikon D750, Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1, Photo Modus der APP 0.9.6, UNLEASHED N2 Version 1.0-1.0-1.1
Oliver

January 2nd, 2019, 8:54 pm

Hi nikori,

Thanks for your reply - we'll try and reproduce it.
Just one more follow-up question: do you move the sliders by sliding/scrolling, or by tapping on the next value? we did have a bug that we (thought we) fixed which wouldn't transmit the selected value when tapping, but would work just fine when swiping to the next value...
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
nikori

May 22nd, 2019, 9:03 pm

Hi Oliver,

I was unable to access the post until today. You may have already found the answer to your last post.

In my description I used "slide" for 'moving the slider by sliding/scrolling' and "tap" for 'tapping'.
In case "2." I used "secet" what should have written as "select". (I do not remember how I seleted the slider value).

Hope this answer is still of some help.

Kind regards