Shutter Speed in Bulb and T [added in FW 1.3.0]

Here you can post all things you think are missing within in the app – we really appreciate your input.
MAC

October 20th, 2018, 9:51 am

It would be helpfull if the APP starts a timer when Bulb or T mode is used. This way you will not need to use a seperate watch to controll exposure time.
Andy

October 29th, 2018, 10:22 am

Hi MAC,

This is already in our to-do list :)
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
Broughy

November 18th, 2018, 9:17 am

Hi This is the reason I got an Unleashes - so if in blub can we have a timer we can set so we dont have to hold down the shutter button for the time we want the timer to run? Or better if we take a light meter in any mode and set shutter speed or Aperture it would give us a long exposure past the 30 seconds limit on the camera. This would be useful say after setting up a shot and then adding a ND filter and needed to expand the exposure x the filter?
Borges30

November 22nd, 2018, 3:13 pm

I have had the pleaser to try and use the unleash and it works fantastic, but I really miss the timer function on bulb, this is the reason that was the reason that I bough the unleashed. I hope that you will release a update soon. 👍🏻
Andy

November 22nd, 2018, 3:32 pm

We will release a performance and stability update in the next couple of weeks. It's likely that we will have time to work on that right after :)
Andy
Firmware developer at Foolography
mrainer

March 23rd, 2019, 12:48 am

Any update on this?

I for one need the ability to set exposure durations longer than 30 seconds. Typical time needs for me are upwards of 5 minutes, some longer. Setting in one-second increments works great for me. The ideal situation would be a software intervalometer where I can set duration, a delay between exposures and how many exposures to do in a session.
Thanks,
Mark

Nikon D810
iPhone-X
iMac
Oliver

March 25th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Hi mrainer,

we're working on many other things at the moment - right now we had to prioritise our second product line before we'll get back to the Unleashed. The emulated long exposure times is very high on our list.
In firmware this feature actually won't require very much work, but we were torn between two (very different) approaches to designing the UI for this feature. Your comment brings up a good point that we had neglected so far, and makes one of our two choices much more favorable. Or rather opened a third option that might be a good compromise.

But don't worry, the long exposure feature will DEFINITELY come! I just can't yet promise when.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
chruztoph

December 27th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if there is an update concerning the emulated long exposure times. I would be really interested, as this is the feature that would save me always taking a look at my watch while taking long exposures.

Thanks
Christoph
Oliver

January 3rd, 2020, 12:15 pm

Hi chruztoph!

Yes, this has been implemented, and has been available as firmware and App update for all Unleasheds for quite some time.
You can now do long exposures up to 4.6 hours, in third stop increments!
This results in slightly weird times, but it means you don't have to pull out a calculator when using ND filters.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.