No Function Lumix G9

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
iPet

October 13th, 2023, 6:18 pm

All function after connected to my Lumix G9 are disabled. Error: Wifi is on - but Wifi is off....
bjn2

October 20th, 2023, 8:55 pm

Be sure you set the camera's USB mode to PC(Tether). My G9 works using this setting. However, there is no geotagging. I see that there's a footnote about geotagging working "with some limitations". The app says geotagging is not supported on the G9, and that's NOT my expectation from the "with some limitations" features listing.
iPet

October 24th, 2023, 9:08 pm

What firmware has your Lumix G9?
Oliver

October 25th, 2023, 9:47 pm

Please update your firmware. Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → tap on your Unleashed (near top ) → tap "Firmware"
Scroll down and tap "Install Update". With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.

We added Geotagging for Panasonic fairly late, so you'll need to be on Firmware version 3.0.0 or later. We always recommend installing the latest update!

Did you follow the instructions to set up your camera as described here?
https://www.foolography.com/start/

PANASONIC LUMIX
  • Set the camera setting: MENU > Setup > IN/OUT > USB > USB Mode = PC(Tether)
  • Set the camera setting: MENU > Setup > IN/OUT > USB > USB Power Supply = OFF
I hope this helps
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
iPet

October 27th, 2023, 8:01 pm

I'm using Lumix G9 with Firmware 2.7 and I got no connection to the Camera.
Oliver

November 4th, 2023, 9:37 am

Hi,
we issued another firmware update for the Unleashed this week. Could you install that and try again?

Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → tap on your Unleashed (near top ) → tap "Firmware"
Scroll down and tap "Install Update". With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
bjn2

April 5th, 2024, 12:09 am

After much fussing and several failed attempts, I was able to update the firmware. The GPS icon shows an X despite the app having location permission. Phone is a Google Pixel 7a.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240404-153736.png
Failed update attempt 4 - Unleashed always had power - connection would be lost and I'd have to restart each time
Screenshot_20240404-153736.png (132.58 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Screenshot_20240404-152558.png
GPS status after update
Screenshot_20240404-152558.png (135.49 KiB) Viewed 169 times