Fuji X-T5 still freezing after first picture [solved with FW A3.1.4]

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Oliver

November 17th, 2023, 10:22 pm

Good news!

We found and fixed the issue today! 🥳

Triggering should now work with all the latest Fuji cameras too, without the alternating blinking or locking up the camera.
It turns out that Fuji changed a value that we read about the status of the triggerbutton being released again after we send the command to release it. Because the Unleashed waits for this status as a confirmation before carrying on with the remaining operations, it got stuck there as the expected value changed with this new generation of cameras.

We published Firmware A3.1.2 with this fix tonight.

Whenever there's a Firmware update available, you'll see a red notification badge on the menu icon in the bottom left corner of the app. Follow this notification badge through the app to get to the firmware update screen.
App menu (bottom left) → Unleashed with gear icon (bottom left) → tap on your Unleashed (near top ) → tap "Firmware"
Scroll down and tap "Install Update".

With the Unleashed M, you need to keep the camera awake, so that the Unleashed stays powered during the entire update. To keep the camera from entering standby, half-press the cameras's shutterbutton continuously or regularly until the update is done. This only takes a little over a minute.

Let us know if this solves the problem for you!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
andystenz

November 18th, 2023, 3:50 am

Great news, Oliver - thanks to you and the team for finding the issue and fixing it.

I'll be able to try it next week when I'm back at the office. I'm looking forward to reporting back with a good report!

Until then,
Andy
CNitz

November 18th, 2023, 6:57 pm

Hi Oliver !

Great News 🙌🏻 did a short test with the XT5. No freezing shots anymore. I’m going to test the unleashed with the GFX100s tomorrow. Also the Timelapse functionality!

Greets

Christian
andystenz

November 21st, 2023, 2:38 am

Yay! It's working on my GFX 100S bodies now!

It's triggering my X-T5 body (and the camera is saving the image to the card), but I'm not getting a preview in the photo review (that's working just fine on the GFX bodies). Maybe I'm missing something in the settings (but I went back to the start URL and I've got things set up correctly according to that page).

I can see the images on the card if I go to the Gallery. But when capturing, it's not reviewing the images.

I've tried both of my Unleashed so I don't think it's a hardware issue, either.

It's probably me but I can't figure it out.

Is anyone else with an X-T5 getting the photo review working when capturing a shot?
CNitz

November 21st, 2023, 9:31 am

Hi Andy !

It seems to be an issue with the file size of the jpg. The file size of the XT5 is much bigger than the jpg’s of the GFX100s. Have the same problem with the XT5. The GFX100s works fine. I already informed Oliver and sent some sample files. Hopefully they can fix the problem.

Best Christian
andystenz

November 21st, 2023, 10:09 pm

Thanks, Christian!

Yeah, I tried S, M, and L versions of the jpg+raw and that didn't matter but I appreciate that I'm not going crazy and that they already know about it.
Michird07

November 29th, 2023, 9:28 pm

Hi Andy and other Fuji users, also have the same problem with my X-T5 here with viewing shots. And another strong suspicion has come into my mind : that this Unleashed for Fuji is a bad purchase. Maybe i am too dumb to use it, but it works only in a very few modes. Long Exposure is not available - App says Mode or shutter speed are not set to M and Bulb, but they are. ND Filter is not available. EV compensation is not available cause it is read-only. Drive mode is not available. ISO is read-only. I wonder really why i bought it - had the first one on my old Nikon d300 and was fascinated but now the '22 is kind of useless for me for Fuji. Do i miss something? I don't really blame foolography - i just think maybe i should have better preinformed me.
regards
Michael
Oliver

December 23rd, 2023, 4:06 pm

First of all, sorry for the late reply. It's been a very busy month, but I'm doing my best to catch up with everyone before the Christmas break!

All Fuji problems should be solved with Firmware A3.1.4.

Michird07
The problems you mention should all be solved with the setup instructions on our getting started page:
https://www.foolography.com/start/

Here's the excerpt:
- For the Unleashed to be able to change shutter speed, aperture, ISO and exposure compensation, the hardware dials have to be set to the correct mode: (T, A, C, C respectively).
One more thing that we recently found: on some cameras, ISO only has an A setting, not a C. Similar with Aperture switches on a lens.
In this case, you also need to set that this "A" should mean "Command" instead of "Auto" in the Camera menu. Here's my answer on another thread for this, with a video linked in there: viewtopic.php?p=5478#p5478

Hope this helps!

Happy Holidays!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
andystenz

December 29th, 2023, 3:35 am

Thanks, Oliver (and team).

I look forward to giving it a go when I'm back to the office.

Have a wonderful new year!
andystenz

February 8th, 2024, 9:14 pm

Sorry for the delay in my reply and testing.

I'm still not able to see the photo review from the X-T5.

GFX 100S is working just fine.

I'm on Firmware
A 3.2.1
B 3.2.1
C 3.1.0

I've checked all the startup settings, and functionally it works just fine.

But no matter what I do, I don't get the photo review coming through on the X-T5.

Anyone else have this issue still? Oliver, have any other ideas?