Failure to reconnect

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
pazoulay

November 19th, 2023, 3:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I just received the new unleashed, which I am using with a Sony A7IV. I have managed to connect, long enough to update the firmware (A 3.1.2, B. 3.1.2, C 3.1.0). The behavior was a bit odd, with the "Select USB Connect Mode" screen flickering (so quickly that I cannot select "Remote Shoot [PC Remote]".

But when I turned off the Camera and turned it on again, I do not get full connection with the unleashed. The led light is green. But I do not get control over any of the options. Everything is greyed out. It says "wrong USB mode." First, it would be nice to know what the "right" USB mode is (no documentation!), but on top of that, the "Select USB Connect Mode" is flickering so fast that I cannot select anything even if I wanted too.

I did try to disconnect, forget the unleashed, and essentially try to start from scratch. But I ended up in exactly the same place.

I am also confused because when it worked, I did try to use the geotagging mode which required yest another bluetooth connection (accessory). I may be a bit dim or be missing something obvious, hence I am posting this note on the forum.

Anyone has this problem?

Regards,

Pierre
Oliver

November 20th, 2023, 11:14 am

Hi Pierre,
there's a QR code (and the URL in plaintext) on the Packaging, which leads you to our getting started page:

https://www.foolography.com/start/

Here we tell you how to set up your camera.
We're still updating the support section of our website to include more videos on the new brands, but this is taking a little longer...

Once you have the Unleashed working correctly, enabling Geotagging on the PHOTO screen will give you detailed instructions on how to pair it with the camera to send GPS data.

I hope this helps!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
pazoulay

November 21st, 2023, 4:13 pm

Oliver,

I really appreciate your answer, I did not see this, and I figured it out in the end. Would love to have more detailed explainers on the geotagging (GPS, Trigger, how to choose the number of seconds) and setting up timelapse as an intervalometer...
I have the feeling when I have mastered the unleashed, I am going to love it...

Regards

Pierre