Nikon Z6ii no image review since FW 3.2.1 update

We tested as good as we can. But there will always be things we didn't find. If you found things that apparently don't work as they should, you can report them here so we can take care of them as soon as possible.
Keltyinnty

February 3rd, 2024, 4:54 am

It had previously shown the images, I updated this morning to FW 3.2.1 and it now says photo review is not available!
I’ve hardware reset, removed U22, replaced, rebooted iPhone, and it still says the same thing.
Attachments
IMG_7991.png
IMG_7991.png (129.01 KiB) Viewed 766 times
IMG_7992.png
IMG_7992.png (63.24 KiB) Viewed 766 times
IMG_7993.png
IMG_7993.png (99.4 KiB) Viewed 766 times
Oliver

February 6th, 2024, 11:33 am

Hi,

I can see clearly that USB is not working - the Metering icon is greyed out, if you tap on that, you'll see the error message that will tell you this too.

Did you by any chance unplug the USB cable on either end?
Or you might have managed to insert the cable into the Unleashed the wrong way round! There is a slot and key that should stop you from doing so, but because the casing is plastic, it’s possible to overcome this. But don't worry: we designed it so that even if you do manage, it won’t break anything - it just won’t work.
The LED won't light up, the Unleashed N1/N2 might trigger or halfpress the camera's shutterbutton.

If you're looking at the front of the Unleashed, with the logo toward you, and the Unleashed in its regular, upright orientation, the socket will be at the top.
On the Unleashed N2, plug the cable into the Unleashed so that the cable points toward the left, ie toward lens of the camera, not toward the back of the camera.

https://www.foolography.com/faqs/how-do ... correctly/

We’ve had a couple of usb cables where one of the pins very slightly protrude from the plug that plugs into the Unleashed, and if it gets plugged in as far as possible into the Unleashed, that pin can touch something metallic inside and cause it not to work properly. Very slightly unplugging that from the Unleashed by just a few thousands of an inch fixes this issue.

I hope one of these will solve the issue! Please let us know either way!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Keltyinnty

February 24th, 2024, 1:23 am

Hi Oliver, you were correct the usb was quite in far enough.
I had cut slots in the rubber side cover to keep as water resistant as possible while have the U22 plugged in, I just had to enlarge it a bit more so the USB could go further in. I ordered a replacement cover from ebay.
IMG_8065.jpg
IMG_8065.jpg (88.61 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Oliver

February 24th, 2024, 5:41 am

Oh, that's very cool! Thanks for sharing!
Not many customers are willing to put a knife to their camera, but actually this solution will give even more stabilisation to the Unleashed, which probably sits flush on the rubber cover, right? So forces of bumping the Unleashed on something will transfer to the rubber flap rather than the plug!

Since the Z5/6/7/6II/7II all share the same rubber cover, I might create a template for the perfect cutouts. ;-)

Thanks again!
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
Keltyinnty

February 25th, 2024, 10:53 pm

Hi Oliver,

A template would have been so helpful, I vote for a template for the z series. 👍

Cheers
Kelly