Unleashed does not Ramp in Holy Grail Mode

Anything else that doesn't fit in the other more specific Forums
joenj07087

February 4th, 2024, 12:07 am

I'm using the unleashed 22 in Holy Grail mode with a Nikon D850, and the auto ramping in Holy Grail Mode doesn't ramp...can you please post specific instruction on how to set the unleashed 22 in Holy Grail Mode with a Nikon D850? thank you.
Jedfromnz

February 5th, 2024, 5:44 am

Hey mate
So how are are ya using the unleashed 22 on your D850 exactly ?
In a DSLR it will work differently as the light meter won’t read true come sunset onwards. Well more blue hour onwards as such if your using it in optical viewfinder mode.
So if you set the mode to 24hr smoothing the unleashed reads the light meter and yea for DLSR’s it goes abit haywire on the settings.
Your best bet is to use one of the LRT sunset or sunrise settings as it bases its auto ramping on the previous taken photo I’m fairly certain.
I’m sure Oliver can chime in to clarify.
I think using your D850 in live view would help the normal mode meter better but at the expense of battery life.
I used to run my D750 this way on the 18” model.

Also hopefully you don’t have a software bug or hardware bug. But I can’t really help ya there.

Best of luck 🤙
joenj07087

February 8th, 2024, 2:44 am

thanks for the reply, my setting are as follow , Holy Grail mode which only allows for EV Smoothing 24H algorithm , where are the other choices??? I have the interval set to FLEX ,,it doesn't work , it doesn't do ramping of any sort.....this company should publish step by step instructions on how to do it.... so far this product is a DUD, thumbs down!
Oliver

February 8th, 2024, 9:34 am

Hi

The other choices become available when you use the USB cable that was provided with your Unleashed. Without USB, we cannot access the Images on the camera, and since the other Algorithms are based on image data, they won't be available.

We do have instructions, even if they're a little outdated:
https://www.foolography.com/support/unleashed/

https://www.foolography.com/faqs/how-to ... imelapses/

We did some more test and confirmed that everything works just fine on the D800, which does not differ much from the D850 in the requirements & capabilities for Holy Grail timelapses.

Is your Unleashed firmware up to date? Are you using iOS or Android? is the App up to date?
Could you send us a set of screenshots of your Holy Grail screen, after tapping on `Show limits >` where we can see the day/night limits, then another one if you tap on the settings (eg Aperture), which takes you to a new screen and we can see all the relevant camera settings.
Founder & CEO of Foolography, Hardware & Firmware developer.
joenj07087

February 12th, 2024, 12:51 am

Jedfromnz wrote:
February 5th, 2024, 5:44 am
Hey mate
So how are are ya using the unleashed 22 on your D850 exactly ?
In a DSLR it will work differently as the light meter won’t read true come sunset onwards. Well more blue hour onwards as such if your using it in optical viewfinder mode.
So if you set the mode to 24hr smoothing the unleashed reads the light meter and yea for DLSR’s it goes abit haywire on the settings.
Your best bet is to use one of the LRT sunset or sunrise settings as it bases its auto ramping on the previous taken photo I’m fairly certain.
I’m sure Oliver can chime in to clarify.
I think using your D850 in live view would help the normal mode meter better but at the expense of battery life.
I used to run my D750 this way on the 18” model.

Also hopefully you don’t have a software bug or hardware bug. But I can’t really help ya there.

Best of luck 🤙
Hey friend, your suggestions were SPOT ON, the 24 Hour smoothing algorithm does not work with the Holy Grail setting, I used the LRT modifier sunset Beta algorithm instead and it worked like a charm!! I apologize to the people of this forum and in particular to the foolography representative that posted in this thread. PROBLEM SOLVED......thanks to you and to everyone once again!!!
Jedfromnz

February 14th, 2024, 8:32 am

Ohhh good shit mate 🤙
Yea so DSLR’s differ in their light meter when using the viewfinder. I went through this saga ages ago.
You have to use the USB so the unleashed can read the photo data then select one of the LRT variants.
The only bugger with that is you can only select one direction of LRT ramping. Which to be fair is probably what most people require 🤣

In live view it will meter straight off the sensor itself, basically giving you a relatively correct reading of light for the 24hr ramp to work off.
Mirrorless has the advantage of always being that way so the 24hr works dam well.

Stoked your under way 🤙

Jed