Please see our current products, which offer significant advantages.
Compact and trustworthy
The Geotiger consists of the popular Holux GR-240 or GR-236 GPS receiver with special firmware and a short, custom cable, which make the receiver compatible with Nikon cameras. Included is a nifty little mount that fits your hot-shoe (in two directions) as well as your camera strap.
Enjoy a compact direct geotagging solution using proven technology.
- Holux GPSlim 240 or 236 (modified)
- Short cable with 90° Plug
- Compatible with Nikon D200, D300, D700, D2X, D2Xs, D2Hs, D3, D3X, and Fuji S5 Pro
- Custom plug with 2.5mm jack socket for remote release connectivity
- Very compact, small and light complete solution
- Self powered
- Can be positioned on hot shoe or camera strap
Holux GPSlim 240 (236) Specifications
- Tracks up to 20 satellites
- Receiver: L1, C/A code
- Update rate: 1 Hz(max)
- Antenna Type: Built in Patch Antenna
- Minimum signal tracked: -159dBm
- Dimension: 64 x 22 x 15 mm (46.3 x 67 x 19 mm)
- Weight: < 35g (< 56g)
- On/off switch: slide switcher
- Lithium-ion battery lasts for more than 8 (10) hours of use
- Operation Temperature: -10°C to +60°C
- Store Temperature: -20°C to +70°C (-20°C to +85°C)
- Operation Humidity: 5% to 95% No condensing
- 3 Led Function: Bluetooth , Navigation, Power
- Acquisition Time(averaged)
- Reacquisition: 0.1sec.
- Hot start: < 1 (< 8) sec.
- Warm start: < 38 sec.
- Cold start: < 42 sec.
- I. Output protocol:*
- Baud Rate: 4800 bps
- Data bit: 8
- Parity: No
- Stop bit: 1
- II. Format:
- NMEA0183 V2.2:
- Standard : GGA(1),GSA(5),GSV(5), RMC(1),VTG(1).
- I. Output protocol:*
Pricing and availability
The Geotiger is discontinued, and will no longer be produced. Please see our current products, which offer significant advantages.
Most of this data comes directly from the manufacturers website and has only been altered for formatting purposes or where specifications have changed due to the firmware modification that was carried out.
* The original firmware was replaced to allow for a baudrate of 4800. This however means that nothing will be transferred via Bluetooth, as the Bluetooth module only functions at 38400 baud (which is why in the original firmware, changing the baudrate, is disabled). Therefore, although bluetooth connectivity such as pairing with the device still works, no data will be transferred in either direction via Bluetooth.