The Unleashed is a camera accessory that is unlike other solution in the market of smart camera remote controls. Here are a couple of reasons why:
- Design: The Unleashed is a tiny unobtrusive device that sits on the side of your camera, not blocking the hot-shoe. You’re still able to grab your camera normally and use your flash or mic without having to worry about bulky devices our cables going all around your camera that can break.
- Power: The Unleashed never needs to be charged and is always ready to use as it’s using very little power of the camera. This power use you won’t be able to notice.
- Full control of all settings: Since we reversed engineered and basically built the Unleashed from the ground up – meaning not running an entire software program on a small computer – the Unleashed is able to live from the power of your camera and also to change and adjust all your camera’s settings remotely from within the app. So next to Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO, you can also change things like Exposure compensation, Quality, Drive Mode, Metering etc.
- Auto-reconnection: As the Unleashed is using Bluetooth Low Energy and not WiFi, you don’t have to go to your phone’s settings and change the Wifi network every time you want to use the Unleashed. You don’t have to worry about not having internet connection or losing the connection in general when you phone tries to get back to a network with internet. The Unleashed automatically reconnects to your smartphone as soon as they are in range.
- Easiest setup ever: It literally is just plug’n’play. The initial pairing between your phone and the Unleashed is super fast (the record in our office is under 5 seconds). After that, reconnecting works automatically.
- Multiple Cameras: With the app you can at least control up to six Unleasheds at the same time. You can trigger all cameras at once or control them separately – it’s up to you.
- (Automatic) Holy Grail Timelapse: The Unleashed not only gives you the opportunity to manually set a ramp for exposure ramped timelapses, but also to completely automatically ramp the exposure for your next day to night (or night to day) timelapse – the holy grail.
- Geotagging: If you want, the Unleashed lets you add your phone’s GPS location directly to the photos’ meta data. Whether you take the photos with the app or with the camera itself. All is safe and sound.
- App design: We focus on beautiful design and a good user experience. As this process is an on-going process with continuing improvements, we’re always making sure things look nice and are fun to use.