Quite a while ago, Oliver founded foolography. Since then a lot of things have changed, developed and gone from ideas to tangible products.
In the last years we moved forward and shaped a vision that guides the team in making smart camera accessories, unlike others on the market. We have big plans for the future and to realize those, we’ve taken many steps and there are still several more ahead.
One big step was: moving to Berlin. Even though Wiesbaden is one of the most beautiful cities we know, we believe, surrounding ourselves with an atmosphere of innovation, ‘Think different’ attitude and knowledge-sharing in the tech capital Berlin is what will help us to thrive and build the best products we can. And so far, it did. Plus, Berlin is also one of the greatest cities to live in, and we’ve already grown to love it.
Another big step which was long overdue: give foolography a new look that matches the vision, the team and the products we want to make. And boy, what a step it was! But so worth it!
Today, we introduce to you our new CI.
Five thoughts shaped and influenced the entire redesign process:
- We love photography. We are our own first customers, so the new design needs to be attractive to us personally.
- We build smart niche products for cameras. We want a design that portrays the world of photography, yet is unique to attract the attention of people who want to get the most out of their cameras. Oh come on – not another aperture in the o ;-)
- We are a small team of professionals driven by smart technology. The CI should reflect that. Though our name might be a little foolish ;-) , our logo and word mark are simple, straight forward and bold: including everything necessary while keeping it simple with a strong focus on functionality. Just like our products.
- We love technical details. So you’ll find a little technical drawing every now and then.
- What can we say? Black is the new black. Even though we look into a bright future, our design is dark, representing style, quality and professionalism.
We’re very happy with the final design and are grateful for amazing teamwork with Christin from Studio Varo.
The next big step is something you’ll hear about soon. Sooner than you think. We’ll keep you posted and thank you so much for being on this journey with us together.
Take a look at the new website.
It seems almost unbelievable, but after a long time of preparations, and a lot of hurdles we had to overcome, we have finally reached the point where we can proudly announce the availability of the new Unleashed – our tiny wireless geotagging solution for Nikon D200 and up.
While we’re setting up world-wide distribution to bring the Unleashed to retailers near you, we’ve set up a small online-shop for your convenience in the meantime. You can find it here: www.foolography.com/shop
Since we have quite a few prospective customers waiting for the availability of the Unleashed, we are expecting to be out of stock fairly soon, so don’t hesitate. However, production for the next batch has already begun, and will be available shortly.
We’re very glad to have finally come to this point and we hope you’re as excited as we are. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
We wish you a happy holiday season, possibly including a lot of fun with your new Unleashed!
The photokina is over. It was my first time exhibiting at a trade fair, and the reception of my products was overwhelming. I believe it marks the beginning of a whole new “foolography”, as I will need to recruit personell and restructure the whole company, in order to be able to keep up with the demand that was made obvious at the photokina. I want to thank everyone for making it the wonderful exprience it was:
- Thank you to the hosts of the photokina for organizing the event – I was honored to be able to meet you at the exhibitors party, even if it was pure chance that my wife and I sat down at the “wrong” table, which turned out to be so right.
- Thank you to the staff, who assisted us exhibitors so well, always remaining friendly and helpful.
- Thanks to our co-exhibitors – attracting so many visitors to the fair, which makes it a great opportunity for little companies like mine. Thanks also to the staff at our surrounding booths, for the talks and fun in times there were no visitors.
- Thanks a lot to my wife, Sophia, for coming with me, and helping me so much – couldn’t have done it without you!
- Thank you to the numerous distributors and retailers who took such great interest in our products – you will soon be hearing from me.
- And of course a big thank you to all visitors and (potential) customers (hint, hint ;-) ) for finding our little home-made booth, letting us tell you about geotagging and our great geotagging products.
- Another Thank you must go to all the visitors of this website, which because of the stressful photokina preparations was not always fully available, and even now is missing a lot of the contents. I will update it in the coming days. Sorry again for all the trouble.
Thank you photokina.
Finally. The new website is online. Since the Photokina has started, and I’m handing out cards and flyers, I had to put the new website online. Sadly, it is not yet in the state it should have been in. So lots of content is still missing, but will be updated soon.