Why are some cameras not supported?

When the Unleashed doesn’t support some cameras it is not because we don’t want to – we would love to support all cameras. However, since we want the Unleashed to fit to the side of the camera, it needs to physically fit into the camera’s sockets. Even though we are able to build versions for multiple groups of cameras, some cameras have a socket arrangement that is unique so they would need a special version i.e. unique hardware. The good news is that with adapters the Unleashed will work on many physically incompatible cameras.

For use with adapters, we recommend the Unleashed C1. For all Canon cameras, except the EOS R5 and R6, you’ll need a Mini-HMDI (HDMI Type C) extension. The Canon EOS R5 and R6 need a Micro HDMI (plug) to Mini HDMI (socket) adapter. Depending on your camera, you’ll need the following USB adapter cables:

  • Canon EOS R, RP, R5 & R6: Micro USB socket to USB C plug
  • Canon 1DX: Micro USB socket to Mini USB plug
  • Canon 7D Mk II, 90D, 250D & 850D: Micro USB socket to Micro USB plug ( i.e. Micro USB extension)
  • Canon 50D and 70D: Micro USB socket to Mini USB plug
  • For more detailed info and photos, have a look at our blog post.

    Sony, Fujifilm & other brands

    As for other brands, we are already working on Unleasheds that will work on Sony, Fujifilm, Olympus and Panasonic cameras! We highly recommend subscribing to the quarterly newsletter at the bottom of our website or following us on social media, so you don’t miss the release!

    Was this post helpful?